By Aaron Mulder
Read Online or Download Apache Geronimo: J2EE Development and Deployment PDF
Best java books
Scala intensive is a special new publication designed that will help you combine Scala successfully into your improvement approach. by means of offering the rising most sensible practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of strong ideas instance through example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the sensible and OO programming versions. You'll don't have any hassle getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's not easy to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed conception here—just dozens of crisp, sensible strategies for coding in Scala. Written for readers who understand Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase comprises loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's within* Concise, expressive, and readable code sort
* tips to combine Scala into your current Java tasks
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* tips on how to use actors for concurrent programming
* learning the Scala variety method
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* sensible innovations and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a combined language
* The center principles
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to write down expressive code
* the sort approach
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the correct assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in practical programming
Even if Java is extremely well known, the traditional version of Java is much too gigantic and hulking to construct purposes for instant units reminiscent of PDAs and telephones. therefore, sunlight has published Java 2 Platform, Micro version (J2ME). J2ME has the capability to be as progressive within the instant area as Java has been within the server house.
Do not permit the true try out Be Your First attempt! Written by way of of the lead builders of the Java SE Programmer examination, OCP Java SE 6 Programmer perform tests is full of greater than 260 real looking perform inquiries to arrange you for this not easy examination. that can assist you comprehend this fabric, in-depth motives of either the proper and flawed solutions are incorporated for each query.
- Advanced J2EE Platform Development: Applying Integration Tier Patterns
- Jess in Action: Java Rule-Based Systems
- JavaServer Faces 2.0, The Complete Reference
- Practical applications of soft computing in engineering
- XML, XSLT, Java, and JSP: A Case Study in Developing a Web Application
Extra info for Apache Geronimo: J2EE Development and Deployment
Note This chapter assumes you have downloaded a release of Geronimo. 1)]. 1. Platforms & Prerequisites Geronimo is a pure-Java product, and should therefore run on any platform with the appropriate Java Virtual Machine. 4 or higher. x JVM. 2 JVM. Broader certification across other JVM vendors and versions is a goal for future releases. Tip Geronimo runs well on Java 5, so long as CORBA features are left disabled. 2_* JVM. 0 Geronimo includes a bundled JSP compiler, which means it can actually run under the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), and does not require a Java Development Kit (JDK).
This is started by default in the J2EE distributions of Geronimo, though it is not included in the Little G distribution. 1/car Starts a JMS connection factory (that connects to the default ActiveMQ server) and two JMS queues for internal server use. This is started by default in the J2EE distributions of Geronimo, though it is not included in the Little G distribution. 1/car Handles basic deployment operations for Geronimo, including deploying new configurations. This should be running for all but the most locked-down servers.
7. Deploy Web Applications This step walks through deploying a very simple web application (no additional configuration required), as well as a secure web application that needs to be hooked up to the security realm created in the previous step. 0)]), you can try that (and likewise, a simple web application that uses security but no resource references). Otherwise, you can download a copy of the Geronimo Welcome web application and the Geronimo LDAP Demo web application (basically the same as you'd see at http://localhost:8080/ and http://localhost:8080/ldap-demo/ for a typical Geronimo install).
Apache Geronimo: J2EE Development and Deployment by Aaron Mulder