By Sylvain Ratabouil
Realize the local aspect of Android and inject the ability of C/C++ on your applications
* Create excessive functionality purposes with C/C++ and combine with Java
* make the most complicated Android gains corresponding to portraits, sound, enter and sensing
* Port and reuse your personal or third-party libraries from the prolific C/C++ ecosystem
Android NDK is all approximately injecting excessive functionality into your apps. make the most the utmost energy of those cellular units utilizing high-performance and transportable code.
This booklet will help you create C/C++ enabled functions and combine them with Java. you are going to entry local API and port libraries utilized in essentially the most profitable Android applications.
Using this functional step by step instructional, highlighted with reviews and methods, detect the best way to run C/C++ code embedded in a Java program or in a standalone software. you'll create a true local program ranging from undertaking construction via to complete implementation of local API and the porting of latest third-party libraries. you will find OpenGL ES and OpenSL ES, that are turning into the hot normal in mobility. additionally, you will know the way to entry keyboard and enter peripherals and the way to learn accelerometer or orientation sensors. eventually, you'll dive into extra complex themes resembling debugging and ARM assembler directions. through the tip of the booklet, you want to understand the most important components to allow you to begin exploiting the facility and portability of local code.
What you are going to research from this book
* leap within the beginning block and create your first Android local projec
* speak with Java via Java local Interfaces
* show second and 3D pix with OpenGL ES
* Play sound and track with OpenSL ES
* deal with Android enter and sensors
* Debug purposes and observe complicated ARM instructions
* Port present C/C++ code to Android
* mix photographs, sound, enter, sensors and physics on your application
This beginner's advisor makes a speciality of getting you thru all of the significant studying issues in a gentle, logical order. You'll additionally see how one can steer clear of a few universal pitfalls.
Who this ebook is written for
Are you an Android Java programmer who wishes extra functionality? Are you a C/C++ developer who doesn't are looking to trouble with Java stuff and its out-of-control rubbish collector? do you need to create speedy in depth multimedia functions or video games? resolution certain to any of the above and this ebook is for you. With a few common wisdom of C/C++ improvement, it is possible for you to to dive head first into local Android development.
Read or Download Android NDK Beginner's Guide PDF
Similar java books
Scala intensive is a distinct new booklet designed that can assist you combine Scala successfully into your improvement approach. by way of offering the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of strong thoughts instance by means of example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the sensible and OO programming versions. You'll haven't any difficulty getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's difficult to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed conception here—just dozens of crisp, useful suggestions for coding in Scala. Written for readers who understand Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase comprises loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's inside of* Concise, expressive, and readable code type
* tips on how to combine Scala into your latest Java initiatives
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* easy methods to use actors for concurrent programming
* studying the Scala kind procedure
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* sensible innovations and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a combined language
* The middle ideas
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to jot down expressive code
* the kind method
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the correct assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in sensible programming
Even supposing Java is extremely renowned, the normal variation of Java is far too massive and hulking to construct functions for instant units corresponding to PDAs and telephones. hence, sunlight has published Java 2 Platform, Micro version (J2ME). J2ME has the capability to be as progressive within the instant area as Java has been within the server area.
Do not enable the true try Be Your First try! Written via of the lead builders of the Java SE Programmer examination, OCP Java SE 6 Programmer perform assessments is full of greater than 260 sensible perform inquiries to arrange you for this not easy examination. that will help you comprehend this fabric, in-depth causes of either the right kind and fallacious solutions are integrated for each query.
- A Guide To Programming in Java: Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5
- Wireless J2ME Platform Programming
- Java Persistence et Hibernate
- Bluetooth application programming with the Java APIs
- Pro Spring Security
Additional info for Android NDK Beginner's Guide
UserDatabase” TEAM LinG 2 Tomcat 4 top-level directories are identical to those in Tomcat 5, so I don’t need to discuss them separately. As with the exercise you just completed, you can make the same move of your unleashed directory from $CATALINA_HOME/webapps to your $DEPLOY_HOME directory. Note too that in the Tomcat 4 $CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory are two context descriptor files for the two administration applications. What you’ll need to do is copy them to the $DEPLOY_HOME directory and edit them so that their docBase attributes are correct.
And because we have changed the appBase attribute for the parent
1. policy File containing the default security policies for the Tomcat Security Manager. xml, which is used by Ant if you choose to manage Tomcat via Ant. properties TEAM LinG 2 • The shared directory—This directory is just like the common directory, in that this is where you put all classes and libraries that you want to make available to more than one application. The difference, however, is that these objects are not available to Tomcat. properties Properties file for the (JK2) connector, which implements connectivity to an external Web server like Apache.
Android NDK Beginner's Guide by Sylvain Ratabouil