By Vipul Gupta
What you’ll learn
- Use GWT’s distant process name (RPC) functions to tremendously improve the person adventure by way of optimizing program functionality
- Go past easy syntax basics to benefit easy methods to such a lot successfully layout and try out your GWT purposes
- Build advanced interfaces by means of making the most of GWT’s complicated widget choices
Who this e-book is for
Java–minded net builders looking to comprise Ajax features into their internet functions with out sacrificing sound improvement rules.
Table of Contents
- GWT fundamentals and a primary program
- GWT structure and inner positive aspects
- UI Programming: simple Widgets
- Communication: RPC
- UI Programming: dealing with occasions and utilizing AdvancedWidgets
- Communication: complicated ideas
- Testing GWT purposes
- Internationalizing Your purposes: A modern day truth
- Some vital, Not-to-Be-Missed concepts
- Peeking Into the approaching GWT 1.5 free up
Read Online or Download Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications PDF
Similar java books
Scala intensive is a special new publication designed that will help you combine Scala successfully into your improvement approach. by way of featuring the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of strong concepts instance through example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the practical and OO programming versions. You'll haven't any difficulty getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's not easy to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed conception here—just dozens of crisp, sensible thoughts for coding in Scala. Written for readers who comprehend Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase contains loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's inside of* Concise, expressive, and readable code kind
* tips on how to combine Scala into your present Java tasks
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* easy methods to use actors for concurrent programming
* gaining knowledge of the Scala style method
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* useful options and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a combined language
* The center ideas
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to write down expressive code
* the kind procedure
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the appropriate assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in sensible programming
Even supposing Java is extremely renowned, the normal version of Java is far too large and hulking to construct purposes for instant units similar to PDAs and telephones. hence, solar has published Java 2 Platform, Micro version (J2ME). J2ME has the aptitude to be as progressive within the instant area as Java has been within the server house.
Do not permit the genuine try Be Your First try! Written by means of of the lead builders of the Java SE Programmer examination, OCP Java SE 6 Programmer perform assessments is stuffed with greater than 260 life like perform inquiries to organize you for this demanding examination. that can assist you comprehend this fabric, in-depth reasons of either the right kind and fallacious solutions are incorporated for each query.
- Advanced Java 2 platform: how to program
- The Java Tutorial: A Short Course on the Basics, 4th Edition
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial: Basic Concepts (4th Edition) (Java Series)
- Pro Spring
- Struts Kick Start
- Eclipse IDE Pocket Guide
Extra resources for Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications
You will learn about RPC (server-side code) starting in Chapter 4 in the book. Figure 1-5. Structure of the NewsClient application Adding the Module File As mentioned earlier, the second step is to add the application’s module file, named NewsClient. xml, to the base package, as shown in Figure 1-6. qxd 18 3/27/08 3:37 PM Page 18 CHAPTER 1 ■ GWT BASICS AND A FIRST APPLICATION Figure 1-6. xml In addition, let’s quickly add the configuration details to the module file (NewsClient. xml). Listing 1-8 shows the NewsClient application’s module configuration file.
Html, and that’s what you used in the earlier example. html. Figure 1-9, Figure 1-10, and Figure 1-11 show the NewsClient application in hosted mode at different points of time. Figure 1-9. Embedded web server window that shows the application log and error stack trace, if any Figure 1-10. NewsClient application at time T1 showing a news entry Figure 1-11. qxd 3/27/08 3:37 PM Page 25 CHAPTER 1 ■ GWT BASICS AND A FIRST APPLICATION Summary This chapter covered various aspects of the GWT framework, including setting up the GWT environment and basic application development with and without the tools provided by the framework.
In this method definition, I have created a label in which the news-entry text will be shown. I have also created a Timer object and scheduled it to run every two seconds. Timer) class in the GWT library serves the same purpose as the Timer class in the Java library and has been implemented to be safe across the various browsers. qxd 3/27/08 3:37 PM Page 21 CHAPTER 1 ■ GWT BASICS AND A FIRST APPLICATION The getNewsEntry() method as shown here just uses the Random class to get an index into the newsEntries array, and then the getNewsEntry() method returns the string at that array location.
Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications by Vipul Gupta